Flywheel Weight???

3 replies to this topic
  • SC7

Posted April 07, 2006 - 08:28 AM

Anybody tried a 10 once flywheel weight yet on there 06 450? Not sure if they are even out yet, if so where did you get it?
Thanks

• SurvivorMan

Posted April 07, 2006 - 09:06 PM

I am waiting on a weight as well. Steahly hasn't released them yet...i don't think. I will try either a 12 or 14oz weight.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xrmarty

Posted April 07, 2006 - 09:09 PM

Just curious, what would that do for your bike performance wise?

• bherstine

Posted April 10, 2006 - 08:24 AM

I would be interested in these results as well. I just purchased an 06 yzf450 and put 3 hours on it yesterday on some tight trails and open tracks. I did catch myself having to use the clutch a lot in the tight stuff for fear of it stalling on me.

I would assume the flywheel weight would make it harder to kick start? I am not a big guy (5'7" 155) and although I never had a problem kicking it, I don't want to cross that line of easy to difficult.

Any comments welcome.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.