Fuel Mileage

1 reply to this topic
  • dl19

Posted April 06, 2006 - 09:25 PM

Finally got a chance to ride some distance. Ran hard for a total of 45 miles on back "mountain" roads today. Mostly wide open throttle in 3-5 the entire time. Some down hill partial throttle, and some small 100' bank climbing. I used 1.25 gallons. 168 main, JD Blue #4, opened and cut out air box, AIS gone, PMB insert, everything else stock, 05 WR. Might have been able to use 1.5 gallons max if in race conditions.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mjslim

Posted April 07, 2006 - 07:20 PM

Sounds about right, 45 miles / 1.25 Gal = 36 mpg. I ride mostly desert and use 35 mpg as a rule of thumb to figure how much gas I have left on a long ride. Once you calibrate your riding style, its usually pretty accurate.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.