Maxxis Desert IT upfront?

24 replies to this topic
  • dpike

Posted April 13, 2006 - 05:03 PM

So the regular IT front is better than the dersert IT front? :thumbsup:

I'm guessing it's got the conventional sidewall and slightly different (softer) compound. I wonder if it's got different knob height like the rears...? I've never tried the desert front, and probably won't. I've just been trying the rears as I ride on lots of decomposed (and not so decomposed) granite, so I was hoping to capture Maxxis' claim of less "cutting and chipping" due to compound. I have no real love of that hellacious sidewall and extra weight, I'll tell you that much.

DP

• TallBoysWRF

Posted April 13, 2006 - 06:59 PM

The knob hight is different from the desert rear to the regular? How much so and which is taller? Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • steve lemley

Posted April 14, 2006 - 08:19 AM

One great part about the rear, I ve got 1000 miles now on mine its still got at least 50% left and unbelievably, there isnt one chunk missing out of any knobs :thumbsup:. I ride in it all pretty hard to, sand, nasty rocky stuff, loose and hard packed dirt. :thumbsup:

• tigerowner_ut

Posted April 14, 2006 - 10:32 AM

I tried an IT standard front out here in UT and it worked fine except that every single side knob broke off. I would hope that the desert front is more durable.

• dpike

Posted April 14, 2006 - 02:17 PM

The knob hight is different from the desert rear to the regular? How much so and which is taller? Thanks

The desert is a bit taller. I never measured when they were fresh... Just enough to notice.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.