Kickstand on a YZ

41 replies to this topic
  • targetdrone

Posted April 06, 2006 - 08:42 PM

you can get it here for 42$ + shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...628611499QQrdZ1

I bought one from them for the KX250 I had. I liked it enough to buy one for my YZ after upgrading to bigger bike. Worth every cent.

• Zique

Posted April 06, 2006 - 10:29 PM

I bought one from them for the KX250 I had. I liked it enough to buy one for my YZ after upgrading to bigger bike. Worth every cent.

Did it ever come down on you during riding? I ride pretty hard...

• Idaho_Stas

Posted April 06, 2006 - 11:15 PM

Did it ever come down on you during riding? I ride pretty hard...

That was my biggest concern. $150 for the PMB (actually I paid $125) will seem cheap compared to the hospital bill when your external spring breaks on the trail/track. Had a friend who had that happen to him and it wasn't pretty.

I'll stick with an internal spring and a stand that tucks up out of the way.

• Zique

Posted April 07, 2006 - 08:31 AM

this is going to sound like a really dumb question...but do you think I could mount up a pmb kickstand that was meant for a 03-05 yz450? I know there are a couple differences in the frame, but what about just the mounting location for the stand?

• Zique

Posted April 08, 2006 - 12:08 AM

anyone? I guess I'll just call my dealer tomorrow, but I don't know if they will know from looking at little pics on their comp. screen. They'll probably just tell me no because the p/n's are different.

• Zique

Posted April 08, 2006 - 12:09 AM

Or MAYBE I'll just go in there with a ruler and find a left over 05 and measure myself...DAH...why didn't I think of that sooner?

• Idaho_Stas

Posted April 08, 2006 - 09:50 PM

this is going to sound like a really dumb question...but do you think I could mount up a pmb kickstand that was meant for a 03-05 yz450? I know there are a couple differences in the frame, but what about just the mounting location for the stand?

Doubtful. PMB kickstands are usually VERY specific to the frame. Give em a call... they'll be able to tell you.

• Zique

Posted April 08, 2006 - 10:04 PM

I tried to email them...that was 3 days ago...no response. Does someone have their #?

• dsconstructs

Posted April 09, 2006 - 07:48 AM

you can get it here for 42$ + shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...628611499QQrdZ1

That seller is a stand up guy, just not sure about the stand. We put one on my brothers 250f and within a couple months had to exchange the bracket with the seller because the stop was sheering off. Plus the stand was flopping around while riding. We'll see how this replacement bracket holds up. On my 426 I have a Moose stand, clamps on the swing arm, it was on the bike when I bought it but I'm really pleased with it. Wish it swung up more than just parallel with the swing arm but it does hold up to rider's weight on the bike and it stays up while riding.

• Zique

Posted April 09, 2006 - 07:56 AM

On my 426 I have a Moose stand, clamps on the swing arm, it was on the bike when I bought it but I'm really pleased with it. Wish it swung up more than just parallel with the swing arm but it does hold up to rider's weight on the bike and it stays up while riding.

Serious?

I've heard nothing but bad things about clamp-on kickstands...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dsconstructs

Posted April 09, 2006 - 08:30 AM

Serious?

I've heard nothing but bad things about clamp-on kickstands...

I just know that mine works great. What are the bad things you've heard?

• Zique

Posted April 09, 2006 - 09:35 AM

I've just heard that they fall down all the time from all the movement at the swingarm. Eventually they end up taking a hard hit, breaking, and ending up getting thrown around in your rear tire. But that's just what I was warned about, I've never experienced it myself.

• Idaho_Stas

Posted April 09, 2006 - 09:51 PM

I tried to email them...that was 3 days ago...no response. Does someone have their #?

Phone: (208) 466-4PMB :thumbsup:

• Zique

Posted April 09, 2006 - 10:00 PM

Phone: (208) 466-4PMB :thumbsup:

Thanx buddy! :thumbsup: I'll give 'em a call tomorrow!

• Zique

Posted April 10, 2006 - 12:48 PM

So I gave them a call...it's the same kickstand...same exact frame, yami just gave them two diff. part numbers for some reason, but the portion that involves the kickstand is the same.

Anyway, I found the PMB kickstand on eBay. It was missing the bolts, which I just ordered from Andy at PMB (you're right, he is a nice guy) and I got the kickstand set-up for under $60!!!

I hope the rest of this goes well. Thanks for the info fella's.

• Yak

Posted April 10, 2006 - 01:47 PM

Awesome deal. The PMB stand is great. You wont be disappointed. :thumbsup:

• Zique

Posted April 10, 2006 - 02:10 PM

That's what I understand. I am excited. I wouldn't have gone with PMB if I hadn't of found the deal though...they're just too expensive otherwise. I'll let ya'll know when I get it on how I like it!

• yammerhammer98

Posted April 10, 2006 - 02:45 PM

I couldn't quite talk myself into the PMB stand, even though it looks like a very nice piece.

I bought the TrailTech from Rocky Mountain, and I am very happy with it. I did have to buy a longer bolt to accommodate my Works Connection frame guard. I use Loc-Tite on just about every bolt I touch, so I can't see it ever coming loose.

http://i40.photobuck...0F/P2120001.jpg

• Idaho_Stas

Posted April 10, 2006 - 09:37 PM

That's what I understand. I am excited. I wouldn't have gone with PMB if I hadn't of found the deal though...they're just too expensive otherwise. I'll let ya'll know when I get it on how I like it!

Congrats on a great find. You'll love the stand. :thumbsup: They are pricey at full retail, but one of the better pieces of craftsmanship you'll see on an afermarket part.

• kylwk1500

Posted April 11, 2006 - 10:03 AM

trailtech offers one of the best that I have ever seen for the price.
I love mine

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.