Baja Designs Dual Sport Kits

4 replies to this topic
  • slowxr

Posted April 05, 2006 - 02:17 PM

Any preference from the Ez-mount kit vs. the Classic kit? Seems like some of the hardware on the Classic mounts under the seat rather then behind the headlight.
Also, on the LED front and rear blinkers, do they appear to minimal for California? To small?

• mbsinglespeeder

Posted April 05, 2006 - 04:18 PM

I just installed the classic on mine. Since I planned to leave the kit on it all of the time I didn't see any need to add the equipment on the steering head. It's cleaner having the stuff under the seat and leaves room for computers or GPS behind the number plate/light.

The LEDs are pretty small and are probably not CA legal, but I don't care. They look cool and at that point it's a fix it ticket if you get ticketed. Besides them being cool, I went with the LEDs on the front to clear my tank (I've got that giant Acerbis 6 gallon tank and the standard front signals hit the tank) and on the back to keep from knocking them off when swinging my leg over the bike.

Hope this helps.
MB

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR_Dude

Posted April 07, 2006 - 05:28 AM

I've had my BD classic DS kit installed on my 600R for about three years, the only thing I had to do was install a different bulb in the brake light that was more resilient to vibration. Otherwise, the kit has put up with a lot of abuse and has done well. Worth the money :thumbsup:

• TimBrp

Posted April 07, 2006 - 06:38 AM

Get the quick release. More money but easier to install and use.

• Mudshark

Posted April 07, 2006 - 06:05 PM

I put an EZMount on mine... sweet, all the kit is held in the head light
so there is minimum mounting and moving stuff.
It's pretty much a QR but with bolt on head light.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 8 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.