2002 YZ426F balancer gear nut

2 replies to this topic
  • canon del cobre raider

Posted April 05, 2006 - 12:45 PM

I am a little bit concern about the noise on my 426 2002, it runs great. last time I change the oil I found some metal particles on the oil filter, I want to be sure that the balancer gear nut and the clutch basket nut are not loose,My question is how hard is to get to the balancer gear nut? Do I have to go through the water pump? I have worked on the clutch but that"about it. Any special tools required?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 05, 2006 - 01:37 PM

The right side crankcase cover has to be removed. Other than the fact that you have to drain the coolant, it's not that big a job.

• canon del cobre raider

Posted April 05, 2006 - 01:46 PM

when removing the cover, what about the water pump? Do I have to remove the water pump impeller from the shaft? any help would be appreciated.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.