Daves carb mods

21 replies to this topic
  • BravoFox27

Posted June 17, 2012 - 11:43 PM

The hole is not 0.03125 inches larger, its in mm. This is only about 1.6% larger in terms of area. I doubt Dave determined the proper hole size to that level of precision. For what its worth, before I moved to an FCR carb I did Dave's mod on my CV carb with a 4 mm drill, it seemed to work fine.

+1. I saw in Dave's post the numbers is mm but he mistyped the measurement unit in inches. Now the possible confusion should be ruled out.
I haven't done the mod yet, but will do it when I have my air filter and my jets.

Hey I'm curious if you would want to do a trade? I would love a set of metric drill bits.. would you be interested in a trade for a set of SAE bits?

Are you telling me you can't find a metric set anywhere in California? I doubt a trade will be worth while as the postage between here and there would be killer expensive. Anyway, I really don't need an imperial/SAE drill bit set. :devil:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR650L_Dave

Posted June 18, 2012 - 07:25 AM

Ye gods, yes that was mm, or .00123 inches larger than 5/32.

Absolutely no hazard drilling 4mm vs 5/32.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.