15T countershaft sprocket on a 93 xr600

4 replies to this topic
  • cleonard

Posted April 05, 2006 - 07:33 AM

Last weekend I was out in the California desert doing a 200 mile high speed desert run. I love passing cars on the highway while on a parallel dirt trail. I have the stock 14/48 gearing and I kept looking for another gear, but I was already in fifth. I would like to gear it down some for these rides.

Will a 15 tooth countershaft sprocket fit with the stock chain guide (aka case saver) or do I need to get a larger one? If so where is one available. There is not a lot of extra clearance with the stock 14 tooth sprocket.

• don87xr600

Posted April 05, 2006 - 07:52 AM

I've run 15/45 gearing on my xr600

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LotsOfBikes

Posted April 05, 2006 - 08:46 PM

You can install the 15-tooth with no worry of harming your case. You may as well install a 45-tooth rear sprocket while you are at it. The XR600R and XR650L share all internal gear ratios with exception of 1st gear.

• creeky

Posted April 06, 2006 - 05:16 AM

I have run 15/45 on two XR600s and an XR628, a large improvement each time.

• cleonard

Posted April 06, 2006 - 06:51 AM

Thanks guys. I was mostly concerned that it wouldn't fit with the stock guide. I don't think I will be doing the rear 45, because my "normal" riding is the most hard core technical that I can find. My limitation is usually more convincing my friends to come along. I just want to gear it out a bit for that high speed desert blasting.

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.