exhaust question

4 replies to this topic
  • o4hondacrf230

Posted April 04, 2006 - 07:14 PM

Hello everyone, I was wondering if the exhausts on the Wr's are the same. In other words, will an fmf exhaust (just the back, or any other brand for that matter) for a 450 or 426 fit a 400 if i picked one up?-thanks ed

• camaro345

Posted April 04, 2006 - 08:44 PM

450's have an aluminum subframe so the 426 and 400's are different for mounting. The only thing is that a YZ450F (03-05) exhaust can be used on a WR450F (03-06).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tp3dxf

Posted April 05, 2006 - 12:04 AM

Hello everyone, I was wondering if the exhausts on the Wr's are the same. In other words, will an fmf exhaust (just the back, or any other brand for that matter) for a 450 or 426 fit a 400 if i picked one up?-thanks ed

No. But most anything will work with enough time and effort. Get an exhaust made for your bike and your good.

• fershy

Posted April 05, 2006 - 08:20 AM

Any rear slip-on cans made for YZ WR 400 426 from 1998-2002 will fit either bike. True the YZ's later on had Aluminum Sub frames but that mounting position did not change. You have to watch for exhaust systems which are considered complete. These require a specific header that must be used to match the fitment of the rear can. ie Big Gun.
I do have a Big Gun Complete system for these years in excellent condition for $250 if anyone is interested.

fershy

• Zique

Posted May 01, 2006 - 06:34 PM

Kind of along the same question. Will the yz426 exhaust fit on a wr450? You say the mounting points are the same, but what about fitment of the headpipe. Will it work?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.