daves carb mods for 95 xr 600

6 replies to this topic
  • The Family Man

Posted April 04, 2006 - 04:06 PM

Hi all just got a 95 xr 600 and lovin it. Will Daves carb mods work on this, I havent seen a post about the 600s needing them or using them. Thx for the help Jared

• XRsteve

Posted April 04, 2006 - 08:47 PM

You don't need them. They have a totally different carb.

• The Family Man

Posted April 05, 2006 - 07:27 AM

Yeah pulled the carb and compared to the pics and way different thx for the reply.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cleonard

Posted April 05, 2006 - 08:25 AM

Check the choke plate. It's a known problem. The flapper and the plate fatigue and break off. Bad thing happen when they get sucked thru the engine. On my 93 XR600, both had bad problems. The flapper was hanging by a thread, and the plate had a big crack in it. I just removed the choke completely. By tipping the bike over to flood it, I've started it at 35F. At warmer temps it starts easily. However, I have re-jetted, including a 68 (I think) pilot. If it had the stock pilot it woud be a bear to start without the choke.

• Jon-D

Posted April 05, 2006 - 11:47 AM

Cleonard,

Are you in the LA area?

• cleonard

Posted April 05, 2006 - 01:38 PM

I escaped from LA the city, but not the area. I'm in Santa Clarita, less than 5 miles from the Drinkwater Flats staging area.

:thumbsup:

• The Family Man

Posted April 06, 2006 - 12:58 AM

Thx for the info cleonard, I have a 65 pilot and 155 main. Need to pull the plug and check it before I get jets. Will look over the flapper real close while it is apart

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.