JD blue or red needle big difference?

4 replies to this topic
  • jnybbad1l40

Posted April 04, 2006 - 01:00 PM

Just out of curiosity For those of you who have the JD needles in your bike. Did you jet and tune your bike prior to installing the needle? I was just wondering if it helped the mid range noticably? I have the stock needle now and it runs great but want to know if its worth switching. Im racing it so Im looking for any little extra I can get.

Thanks!!!

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 04, 2006 - 03:07 PM

The JD needles are great for heavily modifyed air box and high flow pipes. The stock 04 and up needles are plenty good for a slightly modded stock bike. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted April 04, 2006 - 09:39 PM

Just out of curiosity For those of you who have the JD needles in your bike. Did you jet and tune your bike prior to installing the needle? I was just wondering if it helped the mid range noticably? I have the stock needle now and it runs great but want to know if its worth switching. Im racing it so Im looking for any little extra I can get.

Thanks!!!

If you ask nicely, you might be able to scam someone into selling / giving you the needles. I know I will never use my blue one, no doubt others are in the same situation but closer to you in the states. :thumbsup:

I would try a NCVQ needle before I went to the expense of buying a JD kit. :thumbsup:

• tp3dxf

Posted April 05, 2006 - 12:08 AM

I run the blue one here So Cal. It works great. I might try the red once summer gets here.

• OneToGo

Posted April 05, 2006 - 06:28 AM

Thanks!!!

I just changed to RED needle myself with 168MJ. Blue was fine with the 170MJ for less than 20C/68F. I think you'll find most bikes run a bit RICH with the blue at anything above about 25C/77F at sea level and above, especially if it is humid as well.

BTW: RED clip#5 seems close to BLUE clip#3 - ask JD, they made it and may have exact flow rates??

My .02 worth :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.