What plug wrench do you use for an 05 WR?

5 replies to this topic
  • Thom_McNabb

Posted April 04, 2006 - 10:41 AM

I have an 05 WR450 and none of my current plug wrenches work. I have various wrenches that work for an XR 500, XR 600, XR 400, XR 650 and XT 600.

I can't seem to make any wrench work on the WRF. I even had problems with a socket and extension. :thumbsup:

Has anyone found a wrench that works well and would be a good trail wrench also well? Does Yamaha sell a wrench for this bike?

Thanks for your help.

• WGP

Posted April 04, 2006 - 11:01 AM

Mine came with a wrench, ask your nearest dealer.

• PBDBLUE

Posted April 04, 2006 - 11:33 AM

There is a special plug wrench that comes with the bike. Also Motion Pro makes a 3/8" drive one that works that is basically a standard plug wrench with a wobble extension.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • farkawi

Posted April 04, 2006 - 07:24 PM

Hazet tools makes the coolest thin magnetic sockets. Coupled with a short wobble extension, you have a good setup. The Motion Pro is a lot less expensive and easier to procure.

• odonnks

Posted April 05, 2006 - 02:12 AM

Is this the motionpro plug wrengh you guys are talking about?

http://www.motionpro...park_plug_tool/

• PBDBLUE

Posted April 05, 2006 - 06:02 AM

yep. That's the one.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.