Yuma to Gila Bend

1 reply to this topic
  • Poway1464

Posted April 03, 2006 - 05:02 PM

I know, I know - not the right place but more people are on this page !!

I am delivering a new 2006 YZ450f to my son this next weekend. He goes to school in Flagstaff (NAU). I am meeting him halfway which is somewhere between Yuma and Gila Bend AZ.

I would like to get a ride in while I doing this where we can go for a short 2-3 hr ride. So I am taking along my WR450. (see WR450 - fits here right?) :thumbsup:

Anyone know of a good riding area off of I-8 between Yuma and Gila Bend?

Thanks,

L.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • billygoat

Posted April 03, 2006 - 09:27 PM

There is a lot of BLM land if you go North of I-8. South is the bombing range. Specifically, drive north on Agua Caliente Rd. I would get a BLM map to see the land ownership, designated wilderness and look for looping trails. I think the map entitled Gila Bend or the one directly west of there. Phx Blm sells them. 623-580-5500. You'll have the place all to yourselves. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.