fork tubes

2 replies to this topic
  • skwerlee

Posted April 03, 2006 - 02:52 PM

i have to replace both of my front forks because the tubes are damaged, *previous owner jumped bike without torquing triple clamps tight enough* anyways what all forks will fit on my 2000 yz426f? I've heard any YZ from 1998 to 2003 will fit with no problems...except the 80 of course. please let me know so i can start looking on E Bay. thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kid on a 426

Posted April 03, 2006 - 06:40 PM

What was damged? Well to ansewer your question I think that the 400 forks are like 42 or 43mm and the 426 forks are 46mm and the 450's are bigger. So all of them are different sizes. Just look for 426 forks. Oh yeah the wr250 and 450 and yzf 250f's and I think even the two stroke 125-250 forks will work but they have to be '00-'02 the springs are different but I think the rest is basically the same.

• skwerlee

Posted April 03, 2006 - 06:48 PM

I spoke with my mechanic & decided to go with some 2000 yz250 forks that i found on ebay for a good deal. he says the only difference is the springs & the valving, but I'm going to use my existing spring & re-valve the forks anyway. as for what was damaged on my current forks...the triple trees scored the forks badly from not being tight enough & it damaged the internals, also someone previously installed the dampening rods incorrectly & ruined them...

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.