wr426 problem with stalling

3 replies to this topic
  • lowry

Posted April 03, 2006 - 09:35 AM

So I just got my bike going after a long winter in hibernation. I changed the plug, put in fresh gas, cleaned the air filter and changed the oil. The bike starts and runs great but when I pull in the clutch and let off the gas after riding it the engine stalls. I've searched the forum as best I could and saw that one person had a similar problem and found it was the brake light switch causing it. Any idea what else could be causing this problem?
Thanks for your help.

• jbrooks26

Posted April 03, 2006 - 09:46 AM

Idle set too low will cause this, but you probably already thought of that.

Josh

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lowry

Posted April 03, 2006 - 10:10 AM

Idle set too low will cause this, but you probably already thought of that.

Josh

I had thought of that but I haven't tried adjusting it yet. For some reason I thought it would be a bigger deal than that because nothing had changed from last year. Who knows though, I may have bumped it when I drained the gas or took the tank off. Thanks.

• jbrooks26

Posted April 03, 2006 - 10:48 AM

No problem, just to note though, I have to adjust mine almost every ride. My idle changes quite a bit with temp changes and it always idles higher when the engine is cold.

Josh

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.