2000 XR600R I just bought

2 replies to this topic
  • slepe67

Posted April 03, 2006 - 08:59 AM

The following was copied from the Ebay ad I got the bike from. What else should a guy do to squeeze out some more power from it? All inputs appreciated. Also, how can a dude fix the elec prob it has, just from the sounds of it, might be a bugger. Goin to pick it up saturday. Hope my 02 CRF450 desnt get too jealous. Aslo, is this a good commuter? I have 14 miles each wat on a 4 lane. Stop and go type stuff. Thanks again. JL
***Vehicle Description
You are Bidding on a 2000 Honda XR 600R. Florida Titled and Street Legal. Bike is in good condition. Has some Electrical short with Blinkers... The stater is not charging the battery, so I charge the battery before I ride. But other than that It's a solid running bike

New Items Put on Bike:

o Front and Rear Wheel Bearings
o Twin Air Filter
o White Brothers Exhaust
o High Lifter Reusable Oil Filter (Pictured)
o Endurance Trail Tech Computer with Speedometer and Odometer
o New Battery

Tires have %20 wear***

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bob East

Posted April 04, 2006 - 07:34 AM

Are you sure that it's the stator? My bet would be with the rectifier
being bad.

Rgds,
Bob East

• slepe67

Posted April 05, 2006 - 12:19 PM

Beats me....Figured I'd ask in here first, then buy parts or take it to a shop...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.