Time-Serts, anyone know where to........

5 replies to this topic
  • Ronin

Posted October 09, 2001 - 07:36 AM

get them and how much? does anyone have a timesert kit for their WR's oil drain bolt in the crank case? if so, could I "rent" the kit for a week or so?

thanks,
Ronin

• Scott_F

Posted October 09, 2001 - 08:49 AM

Try http://www.mcmaster.com/

You don't need a "kit", just a tap and some red loctite.

• SFO

Posted October 09, 2001 - 10:41 AM

The kit includes the O.S. tap drill, the time sert tap, a counter bore tool, and a roll tap instalation tool.
Email me your address and I will ship it to you blue with two inserts.
Be patient and get the tap drill as square as possible...
Bill

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MX_Tuner

Posted October 09, 2001 - 02:32 PM

Getting the drill and the tap started straight are critical. That and drill a small hole in the side of the Time-Sert so the oil will drain out properly.

I'll also extend the offer to anyone in need of a kit. I have a complete selection of sizes (5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10x1.25mm, 10x1.5mm, 12x1.25mm, 12x1.5mm) if anyone needs one. A Heli-coil is a temporary repair at best where a Time-Sert is a permanent repair better than the original if done correctly.

------------------
MX Tuner

• Chris_Slade

Posted October 09, 2001 - 03:53 PM

MX...

I have a 01 KTM520SX, and the one 8mm head (6mm thread?) bolt for the clutch cover stripped on me at Elsinore when we visited CA in August. My uncle took a 1/4" bolt and we threaded it in to do a temp fix. It worked...and considering I was almost 3000 miles away from home, with a possible major mechanical, I was HAPPY!!

Time to fix it for real though. I see oil splooge all the time out that area now.
E-mail me - DethWshBkr@aol.com and I can buy some of them off of you then.
THe threads are normal bolts that you use an 8mm nut driver/ratchet to remove. I believe those are 6mm.

------------------
'01 KTM 520 SX
'95 KX 250 FOR SALE!!! -asking $2000 with decent amount of plastics/decals, parts!!
AMA Dist 6 Member
Hare Scramble Class B #523

• Ronin

Posted October 10, 2001 - 10:37 AM

thanks for the generosity, I am gonna tear into her this weekend and find out if the case is indeed stripped out. I will let you guys know.

Thanks again,
Ronin

------------------
01' WR426
99' Buell X-1
01' Buell M-2L
WIDE OPEN TILL GOD TAKES YOU HOME!!!!!!
Posted Image

[This message has been edited by Ronin (edited October 10, 2001).]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.