02 YZF vs WRF plastics

2 replies to this topic
  • Ripmeister

Posted April 02, 2006 - 09:19 PM

Can anyone tell me offhand what difference there is between the 02 YZF plastics and the 02 WRF plastics in the 426 (mainly the shrouds)?

Are they interchangeable . . . I don't imagine so, without also changing the seat and tank but it's worth asking.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bbrxr100

Posted April 02, 2006 - 10:15 PM

They are interchangable but will require a little trimming of the bracing.I used a utility knife and only took about 10 min to make them fit correctly.

• tp3dxf

Posted April 03, 2006 - 12:53 AM

On my 01WR426 I changed out the seat and tank. I put on a 3.5 gallon YZ style tank. This required me to install a YZ style seat as well which I got from SDG. I also had Works Connection radiator guards on at the time. My shrouds fit fine. I don't think the plastics are different between the 01 and 02 YZ/WR other then the rear fender (WR) which has lights and is a totally different shape.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.