muffler question.

2 replies to this topic
  • wroding

Posted April 02, 2006 - 08:27 PM

Hi Everyone
I recently bought a 1999 wr 400.
I have never riden trails before and have only riden on the road back in the UK.
I have been told by some friends i need to silence my bike down a little because i could get a fine from the US forestry.
Has anyone any recomendations.Make etc;
Thanks for any help you can give me.
All the best John.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted April 02, 2006 - 08:34 PM

Has it got the stock muffler on it or an aftermarket one on it?

I would definately start with a muffler repack, when was the last time it had one?

• billygoat

Posted April 02, 2006 - 10:41 PM

If you have a stock WR pipe, it is not rebuildable. You have some choices on making it quieter using a muffler insert. Yamaha GYTR sells one, but it usually falls apart. Promoto billet used to make one, but I heard they don't sell it anymore. That leaves the Quietip from quiet products(www.quietiscool.com) and one other (maybe vortip?) to choose from. Good news is that the stock pipe has a spark arrestor already.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.