Ignition switch removal

3 replies to this topic
  • foxomatica

Posted April 02, 2006 - 07:46 PM

Hey, anyone removed the igintion button/little red light on their WR's? Is there a battery draining issue?

Fox

• odonnks

Posted April 03, 2006 - 02:10 AM

Its just a powered switch. IF you remove it you'll still need to complete the circuit to start-up.
On my 06 bypassing the switch will run the battery down since that switch also energizes the trip computer.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted April 03, 2006 - 08:25 AM

Yeah as I was out riding mine yesterday I wondered what would happen if that switch were to die out.

• PBDBLUE

Posted April 03, 2006 - 12:07 PM

The switch supplies 12 volts to the ignition so yes it will run down the battery if you just bypass it and no the bike will not run without it. In a pinch (i.e. broken switch) you can jumper it if needed. On my dual sport I removed the switch and rewired the bike to get power from the multi-switch.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.