footpegs for tall guys

9 replies to this topic
  • speedster

Posted April 02, 2006 - 06:16 PM

hey guys have a 2006 yamaha yz 450 f . im 6 4 tall need to lower pegs. already flipped springs and cut pins in stock pegs. already ordered tall seat from guts racing,already raised handlebars with custom risers and windam bend pro tapers. looking for lowering kit for footpegs. system tech engineering are going to make some . but who knows when they will be done.any other sources you guys know of? thanks larry in colorado

• RoughR1der

Posted April 02, 2006 - 06:17 PM

someone posted they have a set, but dont know who mkes them. try the forum search

• 2fastwhitey

Posted April 04, 2006 - 07:50 PM

I'm 6'11" and I could use a set too. If anybody has any info let us know. Hey speedster could you give me a little direction on where to find a good tall seat?

• joshb

Posted April 04, 2006 - 08:14 PM

Fastway F3 pegs. They are great. Well worth the money. Offer low and high positions, and you can adjust the angle. Plus they come with cleets that you screw in yourself so you can customize how the pegs grip. Pics in my garage

• 2fastwhitey

Posted April 04, 2006 - 08:26 PM

Speedster, I found the tall seat from guts racing. Thanx Josh.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DrThumper

Posted April 05, 2006 - 07:18 AM

I don't know about the new YZ's footpegs, but us oldtimers with older YZs there is a zero-cost footpeg modification that sets your pegs back and down about 1/2 inch. I did it years ago, pretty much forgot about it. It puts the peg in the same position as the Fastway F3 Lowboys and cost you nothing. Do a search on it, it requires a hacksaw to (carefully) cut off the barrel on the bottom of the peg, flip the barrel to the top of the peg, and switching the springs from left to right.

• xcape

Posted April 05, 2006 - 07:27 AM

here it is

I was going to add what was said but wont.

I have big feet, they hung up on the shifter allot until I did the Peg Mod

Unless its bent (Shifter) as fastest says. you may be getting your foot hung up.

The Pics below is how to do the Mod, it gives you about 1" back and 3/4 " down in room. Just swap the Springs right to left. and you do not have to weld the spacers back (If you Dont Want to)

Here are pics of the Peg Mod

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• eazrider

Posted April 05, 2006 - 11:50 AM

How much do the new pegs lower the peg height? Since the '06 has brackets that bolt on to the AL. frame, has anyone come up with a different bracket that can lower the peg to a more comfortable height?

• speedster

Posted April 05, 2006 - 06:52 PM

www.gutsracing.com or wait 3 months for sdgusa to come out with seat.

• speedster

Posted April 05, 2006 - 06:56 PM

system tech engineering will be out with a lower peg bracket in about a month on the 2006 yamaha 450f. www.systemtechracing.com

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.