Oversized Tank/Seat Position

2 replies to this topic
  • dl19

Posted April 02, 2006 - 02:17 PM

What oversized tank allows the original seat position or as close as possible. I need a larger tank, but the ones I have see so far make the seat look like a XR400. We commonly do 80+ mile rides, and carrying a gallon of gas on my back sucks for the first 40. I just sold a XR400, and hated the seat style compared to my WR. It sounds like most like the ACERBIS, but I don't want another ski jump keeping me from sliding forward.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Matty05

Posted April 02, 2006 - 05:27 PM

IMS tanks look good, but sounds like crap quality.
Clarke tanks also look good, but waste of time since they don't hold much fuel.
Acerbis tanks do seem to be the go, good positioning, lots of fuel, best quality. I just have to wait till mine turns up!

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 03, 2006 - 03:25 PM

Acerbis 3.3 Gallon is a fantastic tough tank. :thumbsup: Needs some minor mods for durability with the petcock lever and T line upgrades are a must. Yes the front of the tank is big ski slope but you can move forward to the front of the seat quite easily. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.