problem or not?

3 replies to this topic
  • az426

Posted April 02, 2006 - 12:57 PM

hey guys,maybe someone could give some previously been there/done that advice.i have an 01'yz426 that ive had since it was new.it has been pretty much bulletproof.about a year and a half ago i replaced the piston/rings.then i only rode it a few times-it ran like it always had=great,easy starting and such.well i bought a one ind. hurricane kit and stripped the bike down and powdercoated the frame black and put it back together.since then i cannot seem to get it to idle correctly.high idle then it sometimes dies.ive cleaned the carb and played with the pilot but same results.i checked the valves today and i have 2 intake valves that are at.004 and one that will take a .003 but not the .004.do you think it could cause my high idle?

• NYMXer

Posted April 02, 2006 - 04:53 PM

Double check the throttle cable routing and free play.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fastest1

Posted April 02, 2006 - 04:59 PM

Or an intake leak.

• az426

Posted April 02, 2006 - 07:13 PM

i have gone over the cable-seems okay.i havent checked the intake for a leak-i'll try tomorrow.thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.