99 Decomp mod...again

2 replies to this topic
  • IBS007

Posted March 31, 2006 - 02:16 PM

Hey TTer's I know this subject has been beaten to death :thumbsup: Howener I have done my homework and tried to search out this mod but couls not find anything specific :thumbsup: I have tried to pm Yamaben as well and no response so he prob on vacation or something. I am looking for the decomp mod for my 99 400 in detail. like part #'s or a list of all the parts i need ie. cam, chain, plug... everything I would need. I love my bike but if i had to pick one thing I would change It would be how hard it is to kick over. :bonk: Especially when it is hot and i ahve been ridin' and my tongue is hangin' out a half mile behind me :confused: So if any one has info please pm me or resopnd to this thread.
Again i apologize for beating this dead horse and thanks in advance!!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • obxnc

Posted March 31, 2006 - 04:01 PM

I am about to do the same mod to my 426. They take the exact same part number. You can verify at www.hotcamsinc.com

You need HotCams Exhaust cam part # 4035-1E
I would get the shim kit also (or you may have to make a trip to your local dealer for the shim discs once you figure out the exact ones you need)
Last, you need the plug that is for the hole in the cylinder where the manual decompression was.

• jcole

Posted April 01, 2006 - 10:21 AM

Just finished this mod on my 99 and it starts much better now. Easy change took about 4 hours. Ordered the shim kit off ebay, it made it easier to get the right shims in. Also a nice inch pound torque wrench is a must.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.