Just did the Mods on my 05 wr450.

5 replies to this topic
  • aussie 54

Posted March 31, 2006 - 08:00 AM

I've had my 05 wr 450 for about 6 months now and after bringing it home and unloading it I jumped right on and took it for a squirt. My first impression was that the bike felt so top heavy and underpowered, I had a DRZ 400 before this and liked it lots but it got stolen about 8 months ago so I upgraded. With all the snow and not much time to ride I checked out TT, All I have to say is you guys rock!!! Just did most of the mods - Exhaust, throttle stop, air box, re-jetted. Took it out yesterday and this thing fly's, this is the bike I thought I bought. So thank's for all the helpfull info and I'll definatly be hanging around TT lots more. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• boater5150

Posted March 31, 2006 - 08:11 AM

Congrart's I Have A 2003 Wr450. What Is Your Altitude,and What Are Your Jet Spec's

• aussie 54

Posted March 31, 2006 - 10:15 AM

Altitude is about 2000 - 3500
170 main, 48 pilot, still rough at full throttle though?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crooks420

Posted March 31, 2006 - 07:29 PM

Enjoy the power!!

Jesse

• OneToGo

Posted March 31, 2006 - 07:46 PM

Altitude is about 2000 - 3500
170 main, 48 pilot, still rough at full throttle though?

You are too rich on the main at that altitude unless it is -30degrees!

That roughness at full tilt is indicative of too much fuel. Too lean and it will be flat and gasping...

Suggest you try a 168 main and (possibly) raise the needle clip one position - should be around the middle (4 to 3).

Have a look at the jetting databases to confirm.

cheers :thumbsup:

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted March 31, 2006 - 09:38 PM

You are too rich on the main at that altitude unless it is -30degrees!

That roughness at full tilt is indicative of too much fuel. Too lean and it will be flat and gasping...

Suggest you try a 168 main and (possibly) raise the needle clip one position - should be around the middle (4 to 3).

Have a look at the jetting databases to confirm.

cheers :thumbsup:

Agreed. I started out with the 160 (OE) and installed the JD kit and the 170 main, mileage/range was horrble, but it seemed to make lots of power. Bumped it down to the 168, no loss of power, longer range and settled on the 165 right now. It made lots of power with the 165, no negative side affects, but positive was lots longer range. I run between 1000 to 3500 feet, with some jaunts around 5000 and higher. I run the JD blue needle, clip position number 3. Use the KTM hardparts fuel screw, far superior to any fuel screw I've seen out there yet! (I have a ZIP TY for sale now) and with the higher elevation, a flat spot shows up, and a 1/4 turn out on the fuel screw, its gone!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.