One again CA gov't votes like the fruitcakes they are!

24 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted March 30, 2006 - 11:57 AM

http://www.cyclenews...HeadlineID=9051

http://www.amadirect.../Riverside4.asp

http://www.amadirect...6/Riverside.asp

Here is the scenario:
So if I owned land in the state of Ca Riverside County ......it is mine and I can not even ride with my family and friends on my own property........what would I do? MOVE THE HELL OF that Frigging State!
Sorry you guys.....no offense meant, But, there is no stinking way my ass could ever live in that greenie fruitloop run state!

• tutta_velocita

Posted March 30, 2006 - 12:34 PM

California is a great state to live in. It's all the p*ssies that live here that make it suck sometimes. Perfect example right there.

• grayracer513

Posted March 30, 2006 - 01:36 PM

California has for years been a classic example of what happens when the liberals and the labor unions run everything.

I've said it several times: if the weather and the state itself were not both so beautiful, there would be no reason whatsoever to live here.

• GONE1445

Posted March 30, 2006 - 08:43 PM

Grrrrrr I read about that in MXA I think that was the magazine, any who it makes me mad that their gonna tell some one what they can and can't do on their own property.

in Michigan it's starting to go that direction more and more rules eventually you won't be able to ride any where

• kid on a 426

Posted March 30, 2006 - 08:59 PM

Ya we got that stupid green sticker thing also. At least we have 30 acres of perfect forest stashed away up in the mountains so we'll always be able to ride. Unfortunatly it's a 2 hour drive there. The closest svra park is carnegei (half an hour) the only problem is that the rangers SUCK. They threaten to give tickets tolittle kids riding too fast on the kiddie track but then have a someone speed by them riding double with no helmets at 40mph and not do a dam thing. The ones in trucks cut you off and don't help anyone in trouble, jam sticks in you bike to test for spark arrester.

• One Louder

Posted March 30, 2006 - 10:46 PM

Just one more reason why I moved back to great state of Arizona! There are very few rules and rangers to worry about (except when you're fishing) :thumbsup:

• biznet1

Posted March 31, 2006 - 02:55 AM

Stinking liberals are screwing up the country at every turn. When are voters going to get a clue? I'm thankful to live comfortably in the South where that type of nonsense is still pretty much non existent. Hell, down here the cities don't even take your land to build mall parking lots!

• BergArabia

Posted March 31, 2006 - 04:02 AM

Thats progress for ya..
More people, more houses, more rules...

• ironbird456

Posted March 31, 2006 - 10:21 AM

All hail the great state of TEXAS ! ! Every type of terrain you would ever want to ride, and no rules no time ever. Did I mention no state tax either???

• YZ450t

Posted March 31, 2006 - 10:35 AM

Darnit!! I was reading the posts hoping for some idiot to defend the stupidity...just to watch em get blasted!! Whata joke...Ya cant ride on your own land,and you may get it taken from you anyways due to the Liberal thinking that they know whats best for California to begin with.(Shopping malls and Auto Squares)... Like that track record speaks for it self! Hmm,ever wonder just how things could be if.......

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cobra427

Posted March 31, 2006 - 11:28 AM

:thumbsup: That is freakin bull#$%&! I have lived in California all my life. I grew up in the innercities of Oakland and Richmond and now I live in the suburb of Santa Rosa. What used to be a cool state, now has become one bureaucratic hegemony. California was known for hot women, beautiful land & beaches and carefree fun. Now with the liberals, econazis and spineless political constituents, California is run by fear, washed money and cleaned by undocumented workers. You'd think that Riverside County and other parts of Southern California would be more focused on the fact that the biggest population of gangs are in there backyard. Crime, drugs, autotheft all are higher than any other part of California but no lets pour our resources into saving some rare field mouse or some rare butterfly or stop the three adults from riding those 50's out there in that remote field. What about how many motorcycles are stolen every year in Southern California; forget about riding them for a minute....what about the fact that thousands of bikes are ripped off every year!!! So offroad bikes are too loud? And the Harley's that we sit in traffic with everyday aren't? That's crap! So you can ride on your own land between 12:00 and 5:00 one bike per 10 acres. 10 acres will run you $1,000,000 in Riverside county and don't even think of building a track. I would love to see the whiners grow up in North Richmond or West Oakland where I grew up and see how senseless it is to complain about some guys riding motorcycles legally on their own land. If the people who strongly fought us on this ruling think they were fighting a necessary battle....they have no clue about the silent war that is not so quiet anymore. I wished I had a dad growing up, a street to live on absent of drugs, less aggressive dogs in my neighborhood; I wished my mom could afford to buy me a dirtbike and someone showed where an empty field was I could ride it in. I'm glad my kids don't have too wish like I did.....#@$% California

• Pincushion

Posted March 31, 2006 - 12:46 PM

Oh boy...... what a predicament.

I haven't been following this much since I left LA, but I'm not surprised one bit by this. Get ready for similar restrictions popping up in a County near you.

The one thing I've really noticed between Cali and the other states I've lived in is the lack of community, whether it be the riding community or the neighborhood I lived in. Everyone worries about themselves only and always assumes the other guy will fight the battle for them. That sort of attitude certainly does not help this situation and that seemed to be the extent of 90% of the peoples attitude that I had the pleasure (or displeasure) of meeting. Even for the people who want to join the fight no one wants to sit on the 91 fwy for four hours to go to a County meeting that only seems to affect property owners and not public riding areas. It was a tough fight for those who stood up and I applaud them. It's too unfortunate that the next restrictions will only be easier for the County/State/Fed Govt to implement. it's a sad day.....

I'm certainly happy to live in a place where the riding community is an actual community. I directly know many riders in this part of the country and indirectly know them all. It's tight-knit up here and I know that every man, woman and child with a voice would be at that County meeting with pitchforks and torches. Probably even if they didn't ride. This attitude carries into everything people believe in in these parts even outside the cycle community and I'm grateful for it.

I'm about to step up my involvement so I can do my part to keep my areas open for mine and future generations to use. I cant count on the guy next door to do it for me and together we are certainly more powerful than one. Remember.... this is our Country and not some privileged *******'s with an overinflated ego. Those people were put into office and can also be taken out (isn't that right Mr. Davis!?!?) when they've crossed the line and mishandled their power.

I feel bad for the residents of the County who depend on police for protection instead of sound enforcement. I can see it now.... Riverside Sheriff cant make it to an accident or shooting scene timely cause they were out in BFE cause of a noise complaint.

I'd be finding a militia to join if I was still there :thumbsup:

• DrThumper

Posted March 31, 2006 - 01:14 PM

Thats why me and the wife cashed in on the real estate scene and got the heck out!

Here in Utah you can ride just about anywhere (unless, of course there is a no tresspassing sign) and in Cali, you can't ride anywhere, unless there is a very specific sign saying you can, within specific boundaries, under specific rules and regs, while being watched by specific law enforcement officers, with very specific tags on your bikes, dB laws, spark arrestors, helmets, age considerations, the list goes on.

I lived in San Diego for 41 of my 43 yrs, and its gone all to heck....

• biznet1

Posted March 31, 2006 - 01:40 PM

All of you Cali guys should make sure that you and everyone you know, votes for the right candidate in every single local, state, and federal election. That, short of moving, is all you can really do.

• cleonard

Posted March 31, 2006 - 01:51 PM

I don't live in Riverside county, but for the most part inland counties like Riverside are pretty (Republican) conservative. The rabid liberals are on the coast for the most part.

• YZ450t

Posted March 31, 2006 - 03:59 PM

All of you Cali guys should make sure that you and everyone you know, votes for the right candidate in every single local, state, and federal election. That, short of moving, is all you can really do.

Believe me...I wish it would work that way. Its to the point here that I actually feel the liberals want everybody that is unemployed or that need massive amounts of state/federal aid to live here and register and vote for them as part of the deal. Which they do,cause more help is promissed. One person that hasnt paid 1 cent in taxes gets the same vote that I do. I live west of Riverside,and its a Dem hell!! :thumbsup: Charlie

• Ga426owner

Posted March 31, 2006 - 08:17 PM

Yea and for the record here what is going on in my state of Georgia....same crap different bureacrat :thumbsup:
....who the F@!#$ do these judges think they are.....Closing all MX in Grady Co.....that is way south of Atlanta in Cairo Ga country....Does anyone know who Davi Millsaps is or what MTF is? This is one of the most exclusive MX/SX Training Schools run by Davi Milsaps mom and family....Almost every Loretta Lynn winner has been through this place at least on the east coast...they invested millions into this and other local area training facilities...can you say Carmichael, Lusk Ferry........and stewart know these tracks very well.....all have to shut down....&%$#@!?????? At least not in every county we have won some big deals for Highland Park - CedarTown Ga - Rollin Haven Lexington Ga...and some others.......these bastards can be beat....just cost money for lawyers....

Here is the story from my home state MX Board in Georgia
http://www.peeweeman...?TOPIC_ID=26659

Guys our days riding MX & Woods free from tyrany are numbered everywhere...and with the popularity of dirt bikes it is time to friggin RALLY!!!!!!!!!!

• yzf450jack

Posted March 31, 2006 - 08:22 PM

I here ya! It has rained so much this year that we can't ride at the local riding place's :thumbsup: and soon red sticker bike season will stop riding for the summer :bonk: Good old California :confused: This place sucks there is to many tree hugger MoFo's here you can't peddle a bicycle in the mounains :thumbsup:

• aford541

Posted March 31, 2006 - 10:32 PM

Its the baby boomer's, retirees who have nothing else better to do than bug politicians (that should be retired) into submission, I am also once again disappointed in the AMA what a surprise!

• biznet1

Posted April 01, 2006 - 04:36 AM

Believe me...I wish it would work that way. Its to the point here that I actually feel the liberals want everybody that is unemployed or that need massive amounts of state/federal aid to live here and register and vote for them as part of the deal. Which they do,cause more help is promissed. One person that hasnt paid 1 cent in taxes gets the same vote that I do. I live west of Riverside,and its a Dem hell!! :thumbsup: Charlie

I hear ya. It's the demoncrack way.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.