05 wr450 - hesitation

3 replies to this topic
  • Bladerunner426

Posted March 30, 2006 - 11:45 AM

i have an 05 wr450 i just put the jd jet kit in it. It is still doing the same thing it did before i installed the kit. No matter what gear i'm in neutral through 5th gear if i flick the throttle really quickly the bike will bog. I have done all of the free mods. What could remedy this bog/hesitation problem?
thanks for any help.

• WGP

Posted March 30, 2006 - 12:09 PM

Try a #40 Leak Jet

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dbailey223

Posted March 30, 2006 - 01:19 PM

adjusting the ap squirt?

• odonnks

Posted March 30, 2006 - 04:47 PM

Do them of both...
The AP adjustment is in manual. It cured all but a very very slight off idle hesitation when I blip it as fast as possible, (which is not real world while riding in gear).
Also get a few leak jets, #40, #35 and a spare that you can plug with soldier. Another throttle response improvement item is a Boysen quickshot AP cover which has had good reviewes. It's madhined so there is no airspace around the AP diaphram. Suposedy, the stock AP cover has air space that 'cushions' and delays the AP diaphram movement, which delays the fuel squirt.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.