Throttle Stop Help

7 replies to this topic
  • mc

Posted March 29, 2006 - 08:13 PM

I purchased the Yamaha AIS kit with the YZ throttle stop. I took the throttle stop out of my WR450 and was ready to install the new stop. I noticed that the new stop was the same length as the stop I just removed.

Did I already have the YZ stop in my 06 WR450 straight from the dealer?
Did Yamaha make a mistake in my kit and put a WR stop in the kit?

Can someone measure the YZ throttle stop and post the length or PM the length?

• gdm

Posted March 29, 2006 - 08:28 PM

My '05 WR450 also had the YZ throttle stop installed. The bike was purchased at LA Yamaha. Was yours??

• andy666

Posted March 29, 2006 - 08:32 PM

I got my 06 at LA YAMAHA and mine already had the yz stop in it.

• mc

Posted March 29, 2006 - 08:55 PM

I purchased it from Santa Clarita Motorsports. They gave me the same price as LA.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Numskull

Posted March 29, 2006 - 09:31 PM

alot of the dealers change it out before its sold. I suppose they dont like customers coming back griping about how slow the bike is :thumbsup:

• odonnks

Posted March 30, 2006 - 03:13 AM

The total length of (end to end) of the YZ stop is 0.975".
The WR stock stop shoild be 1.30"

• mc

Posted March 30, 2006 - 05:45 AM

Thanks. I will measure it tonight when I get home from work.

• sidewinder2

Posted April 04, 2006 - 10:43 AM

Got my 06 WR from LA Yamaha and the service guy told me that they were
changing to a YZ throttle stop. He said that is standard procedure when they sell a WR. :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.