Idle adjustment problems

3 replies to this topic
  • Jefferted

Posted March 29, 2006 - 06:56 PM

I have an 02 426 and put a Thunder Alley pipe on it awhile back- love it. I rejetted it as recommended and it seemed to be running fine but the idle was a little low so I adjusted the throttle stop screw, seemed perfect after that. Next time I tried to ride it up the street it ran like crap. I can't seem to get it dialed in right. The manual says set the pilot screw to 1 3/8 turns but says nothing about setting the throttle stop screw (the one with the plastic knob on it) after you screw with it and mess things up. I called the local Yamaha service, they said out 1 1/4 turns on the throttle stop screw. I haven't messed with the pilot screw at all. Now it kicks back when I try to start it. I could use a little help here!

• yzf450jack

Posted March 29, 2006 - 07:34 PM

You have to adjust the fuel screw all the time :thumbsup: like everytime you ride it! If you don't have a ez adjust screw (ty davis or scotts) get one there about $25-30 bucks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jamieyz426f01

Posted March 31, 2006 - 07:53 AM

try turning the idle adjustment screw counter-clockwise, sounds like its too far in(like when you twist the throttle while kicking). just a thought. :thumbsup:

• jamieyz426f01

Posted April 01, 2006 - 11:19 AM

tried it yet?

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.