2006 yz450 lighting stator update

5 replies to this topic
  • rooster wrooster

Posted March 29, 2006 - 10:45 AM

Bad news. I emailed electrosport about eta of the lighting stator and here is what they said:

I do not have a production date or even a part number for this yet. It is unknown on how long it would be until we get this part in. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I also emailed baja designs and asked if they could do a stock stator rewind, here is what they said:

It is not possible to rewind the stator on that bike. Unfortunately no company makes a stator for that bike that produces power either.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to put together a dual sport kit, or get one from baja designs and then mount a battery in a cargo bag/box on the back of the seat or fender and run lights off that. I don't ride at night but I need to get it street legal. Then I could install the stator after it is available.

• yamahaxt

Posted March 29, 2006 - 11:37 AM

You should of bought a WR then you would be all set.

• rooster wrooster

Posted March 29, 2006 - 11:45 AM

You overshot the WR forum, its a couple of clicks back.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sapling Thrasher

Posted March 29, 2006 - 02:49 PM

I have checked with trail tech and they said the same thing could be a couple months if they can even do it. I ride some 24hr and night enduros and I need lights!! I do not like to use battery systems by themselves. I prefer both. battery helmet and bike powered fork mounted lights. I hope some one can come up with around 55-70 watts!

Sap

• KTMKarl

Posted March 30, 2006 - 09:08 AM

I'm intersted as well, Rode LMS last year and all the night riding practice was a hoot, can't wait to get the 06 lit up! There will be a way sooner or later, very few folks are still racing the WR's off-road most of the serious racers are on YZ's unless contractually obligated to the WR line.

WR???? Are ya kidding??? ride em hard back to back then come back with a comparison! HA HA they're aint none! Good luck with that.

• INJURY_69

Posted March 30, 2006 - 11:02 AM

Did you try contacting E-line? You can easily strap a small sealed battery to the top of the rear fender behind the seat.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.