Lowered Pegs for the XR650R? Anyone make these?

14 replies to this topic
  • BIGGITY

Posted March 29, 2006 - 10:40 AM

I know there are lowered pegs for almost every bike out there EXCEPT for the XR650R. Where is the love???

Does anyone know of any mfg who makes these for the XR650R?

I'm 6'7 and I'm going to get the sub mount for my stabilizer, some high bend bars and a taller seat but what I really need is some lowered pegs so I can actually grip the tank with my knees instead of the middle of my calves...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! :thumbsup:

• slomotobug

Posted March 29, 2006 - 10:58 AM

I think Fastway Performance makes them for the XR. Try the Pastrana FMX bend protaper bars, I'm 6'5" and love them, I also have the scotts upper clamp with the abrs moved forward 1 1/2" and 30mm taller than stock.

• BIGGITY

Posted March 30, 2006 - 06:49 AM

I don't think they make them for the XR650R but I shot them a e-mail anyway. Thanks!

• XRsteve

Posted March 30, 2006 - 06:51 AM

Let us know if you find some. I would like to get some for my bikes.

• BIGGITY

Posted March 30, 2006 - 02:30 PM

Nobody else here is 6'4 above and riding the piggy? Someone else has to be having the same problems I do! I have a buddy who is in the same predicament so if anyone can fab some pegs we'll pay! (better be some strong pegs though because we crash a lot :thumbsup: )

• trailsurfer

Posted March 30, 2006 - 02:49 PM

I'm 6'6" and haven't found anyone who makes lowered pegs. It must be because of the design, I'm not sure how you would do it.

I had James at Renazco Racing make a custom seat that rocks. It is allot taller and also custom shaped as well.You really should check him out, I think you would be very happy.

www.renazco.com

• 767driver

Posted March 30, 2006 - 04:54 PM

Yeah it's a problem alright. I'm 6'4" and although I love the bike it seems just ever so slightly out of whack. My problems are shifting(lower pegs would help alot or maybe an extended shifter, I haven't found that yet either) and standing. I've got bar risers and cr high bend bars but they still seem just out of a comfortable reach.

Sometimes life is just a series of compromises and if this is all I have to complain about in a day, well then, I'll call it a GOOD day.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XRsteve

Posted March 30, 2006 - 05:33 PM

I'm 6'1" and would like to get lower pegs. I already added a taller seat to my XR400 and might get one for my 650L. I looked a little and haven't found anything either.

• ztsd

Posted April 04, 2006 - 11:49 AM

I know there are lowered pegs for almost every bike out there EXCEPT for the XR650R. Where is the love???

Does anyone know of any mfg who makes these for the XR650R?

I'm 6'7 and I'm going to get the sub mount for my stabilizer, some high bend bars and a taller seat but what I really need is some lowered pegs so I can actually grip the tank with my knees instead of the middle of my calves...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!! :thumbsup:

Just remember that lower pegs would change the relationship of the brake and shift lever. One of them is not a big deal but the other is... Can’t remember which one though...
:thumbsup:

• BIGGITY

Posted April 04, 2006 - 12:17 PM

Both the shifter and the rear brake have adjusters. The shifter can move as much as you want it too but the rear brake has a limited range of adjustment..

Anyway I'm not having any luck finding some so it's off to find someone to fab them. If I find someone who can do it and make a quality product then I will let you all know... :thumbsup:

• ghoti

Posted April 04, 2006 - 12:21 PM

Just remember that lower pegs would change the relationship of the brake and shift lever. One of them is not a big deal but the other is... Can’t remember which one though...
:thumbsup:

My toes point straight down because my knees are bent so much. If I could lower the pegs then I might be able to raise the levers. :thumbsup:

• Shinyboat

Posted October 29, 2007 - 09:14 PM

I'm 6'4" and have ATV high bend bars (+4" rise over stock) and want more. I saw a pic of me riding and its exactly what I feel. I still need higher bars and lower pegs. I want to go down an inch or so.

Any solutions yet?

• Billahjack

Posted October 31, 2007 - 09:08 AM

How much lower would you want the pegs? How much do you think a set of lowered pegs would be worth?

I can look into designing and fabricating some out of 6000 or 7000 series aluminum. They would just be the stubs that come out of the frame and you would have to put your pegs on them. I have to go back and look at the left peg on my bike again to verify this.

I could have these either manually milled or CNC milled. I would prefer CNC for better quality and aesthetics, but there is a larger tooling expense with this route. I have friends with both setups.

I have to weigh the cost to design and make versus the price to sell them to see if its worth it for everyone.

I have also been kicking around the idea of a handlebar riser that would have adjustable FWD/AFT positions so you can raise your bars an inch or so and then push them forward or back to your preference. This would be a bolt on handle bar clamp (4 pieces) that would fasten to the stock top clamp. With my huge gas tank and low weight, I find that I want the bars back more so I can pull the front up on kickers or obstacles easier. I know the bigger guys want it forward more.

Let me know your thoughts.

Billy

• Shinyboat

Posted November 01, 2007 - 10:28 AM

See my thoughts were to see if I could buy something that was prefabbed and I knew it fit. I'm going home for Thanksgiving break and I have buddies who have shops where we could fab something. I just wanted to see how others solved it so that I could build upon their ideas.

If I can't make something I'll let ya know.

Thanks man!

• Billahjack

Posted November 02, 2007 - 08:04 AM

I'm not too optimistic that I can do CNC pegs without losing money. Here is a KLR example from ADVrider:

http://www.advrider....ad.php?t=241856

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.