Please help part 2

25 replies to this topic
  • jbrooks26

Posted March 29, 2006 - 11:32 PM

Glad to help, and I can't answer as to why there seems to be two. You will get used to it though, and if you don't want to then I highly recommend going to the 03 YZ450 exhaust cam which will upgrade you to automatic decompression. Now, go out there and tear it up.

Josh

• yamadog 426

Posted March 30, 2006 - 12:51 AM

i think the bike is flooded. my bike did the same thing. the three kicks in the beginning by pulling in the decomp lever could be flooding it. i had to let my bike sit for a day. do not put your hand on the throttle when kicking it u might be unintentionally giving it gas.

• jbrooks26

Posted March 30, 2006 - 02:13 AM

This is not true, no offense intended. When you hold the decomp open then there is no vacuum drawn on the carb to pull any fuel. In fact, if you read your owners manual it will tell you that in case of a flooded engine you pull the decomp and kick the engine over several times to clear the cylinder. Please don't take this as a knock, I simply want to correct your information so that no one else gets the wrong impression. Hope this helps.

Josh

i think the bike is flooded. my bike did the same thing. the three kicks in the beginning by pulling in the decomp lever could be flooding it. i had to let my bike sit for a day. do not put your hand on the throttle when kicking it u might be unintentionally giving it gas.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamadog 426

Posted March 30, 2006 - 02:32 AM

no offense taken, i read the same manual,

• ovrrdrive

Posted March 30, 2006 - 03:50 AM

This is not true, no offense intended. When you hold the decomp open then there is no vacuum drawn on the carb to pull any fuel. In fact, if you read your owners manual it will tell you that in case of a flooded engine you pull the decomp and kick the engine over several times to clear the cylinder. Please don't take this as a knock, I simply want to correct your information so that no one else gets the wrong impression. Hope this helps.

Josh

The first part of his reply may have been off, but the second was dead on...

do not put your hand on the throttle when kicking it u might be unintentionally giving it gas.

• jbrooks26

Posted March 30, 2006 - 03:56 AM

Yes, I meant to specify which part was not right. I guess I forgot. Thanks for pointing it out.

Josh

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.