shifting question

5 replies to this topic
  • jwcrf05

Posted March 28, 2006 - 06:34 PM

anybody else hit neutral a lot when trying to shift to 2nd gear. I can't seem to find neutral when I want to but as soon as I try to shift into 2nd the thing goes into neutral? is this normal or is there some problem with the tranny or clutch?

• One Louder

Posted March 28, 2006 - 06:41 PM

What bike do you have? I have this happen to me on my yz400 once in awhile

• jwcrf05

Posted March 28, 2006 - 06:56 PM

its an 05 yz450

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Raven1911

Posted March 28, 2006 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, I never seem to find neutral. I just try and let the clutch out and it usually stalls but I just kick her once and up she starts and off I go. I get mad sometimes that I can't find it. Is there supposed to be a technique to finding it? I do hit it when upshifting at times on mine as well.

• shanedut

Posted March 28, 2006 - 08:34 PM

I've found that if i hit neutral when shifting up to move the shift lever down a notch or two if i hit neutral down shifting to move it up a notch. Thats just me sometimes you can hit neutral by not shifting up or down as far as it needs to while switching gears. I know if i switch from different brands of riding boots or get a new bike i have to move the shift lever around.

• One Louder

Posted March 28, 2006 - 08:36 PM

That makes sense :thumbsup:

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.