06 sub-frame tweaked

5 replies to this topic
  • shigbie

Posted March 28, 2006 - 06:19 PM

Hit the dirt Sunday and tweaked my 06 YZ450 subframe, the fender is cocked and driving me crazy...the back pieces for the fender mount are cast...anyone try to bend one back yet?

Scott

• techmc

Posted March 28, 2006 - 07:49 PM

There is a frame tool out that I've seen that should help straighten up the bend or tweek. Saw it in the back of a MX magazine, may be someone here at TT can identify it for you. Good luck

• RAMARION

Posted March 28, 2006 - 07:49 PM

yep............I re-bent mine back into shape with a 8' 2" x 4". Or you can use a wood BB bat.

Mine was about 2-3" out of wack.

Mine's back to original square condition.

Good luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • meyer fire

Posted March 28, 2006 - 08:29 PM

I was also pitched off my bike back in dec and bent my sub frame as well and to add to the bent sub frame also separated my shoulder. :thumbsup: But on a good note shoulder has healed and was also able to bend my sub frame back to normal with a piece of pipe good luck. Here is some motivation a new sub frame cost about $300 from yamaha Mine was out about one and half inches

• shigbie

Posted March 29, 2006 - 04:43 PM

yep............I re-bent mine back into shape with a 8' 2" x 4". Or you can use a wood BB bat.

Mine was about 2-3" out of wack.

Mine's back to original square condition.

Good luck

Thanks RAMARION, if you listen close you'll hear a distinctive "Grunt" in the next hour or so.....

Scott

• catmanz440

Posted March 29, 2006 - 08:26 PM

The tool you saw was probobly from Park Tool. They are a big time bicycle tool supplier, great tools.

www.parktool.com
here is the direct link: http://www.parktool....t=48&item=FFS-2

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

• 5 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450FX OR YZ450F by MESSMAKER

• Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.