650L Plastics

7 replies to this topic
  • ride no evo

Posted March 28, 2006 - 03:23 PM

Hey I am looking to get some black plastics for my L project that is underway. Does anybody know of a place that makes L specific plastics. If not here comes the Krylon.

• ride no evo

Posted March 29, 2006 - 10:20 AM

anyone????

Ok so if there are no direct replace ments what are you guys running for front and rear fenders...brand/style. Are there any that dont interfere with the wiring under the head light???

• Rover31

Posted March 29, 2006 - 11:11 AM

I had the Acerbis supermoto front on my worked & looked great
Travis

• motomonte

Posted March 29, 2006 - 04:28 PM

I've heard somewhere in this forum that you could use one from an xr400

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wheelnut46

Posted March 29, 2006 - 08:16 PM

I just put a UFO XR400 front on my "L".

• ride no evo

Posted March 29, 2006 - 08:20 PM

did you have to space at all for the wire harness that runs on top of the fender???

• XRsteve

Posted March 29, 2006 - 09:11 PM

An Acerbis XR400 front fender will bolt right on the 650L. With plenty of room for the wire harness. See my garage for a picture.

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted March 30, 2006 - 05:19 AM

I also have a UFO fender from an XR400 on my 650L. It fit great with plenty of space for the wiring harness. Actually, the color of the UFO unit actually matches up better with my Clarke tank :thumbsup:

The only two things I had to do besides the simple Remove & Replace where: First, shim the rear two mounting bolts slightly so the back of the fender wouldn't rub on the frame. (just push the mounting bolts through the fender, put a washer or two on the rear two bolts, then slap it on, no sweat.) Second was to drill out the rivets holding the speedo cable guide wire on the original fender and remove it, then drill appropriate holes in the new fender and rivet it back into place.

Oh, while I had it in my hands, I also lopped 4" off the nose and cut some vent slots in the rear like alot of other guys have suggested. I like the look. :thumbsup:

There are some pics uploaded to my garage, so you can see the before/after effect.

I really don't know much about the black plastics, but I did see some pictures in another forum of an all black "L". If memory serves, I believe the rear was a Cemoto from an XR600, the front I think was from a CR250F?, and the tank was a Clarke, (I think the owner said that was a special order item though).

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.