GPs mount

9 replies to this topic
  • sjwr450

Posted March 28, 2006 - 12:35 PM

What's the latest thoughts on the best GPS mount? Magellon.

• GCannon

Posted March 28, 2006 - 02:33 PM

Ram mount hold my Meridian Very well. Keep in mind that the brake hose goes up and down every bump. The price is good too. search Ram Mount and cycoactive

• byggd

Posted March 28, 2006 - 02:44 PM

What's the latest thoughts on the best GPS mount? Magellon.

I have the Magellan explorist 300. Many in here will disagree but I use the stock handlebar mount with a strip of velcro to make sure it stays put.

• Dirtmizer

Posted March 28, 2006 - 04:12 PM

One of my riding buds fabed up an aluminum tray that slips in under the handlebar mount bolts and keeps his GPS in sight and protected behind the front number plate, its cool, so the tray extends forward of the bars and has a piece of velcro on the bottom, he also has it hot wired to his machine. Just a couple ideas, good luck.

• daveybobcat

Posted December 04, 2006 - 05:35 PM

One of my riding buds fabed up an aluminum tray that slips in under the handlebar mount bolts and keeps his GPS in sight and protected behind the front number plate, its cool, so the tray extends forward of the bars and has a piece of velcro on the bottom, he also has it hot wired to his machine. Just a couple ideas, good luck.

do you have a picture of this mount? I like the ram mount and others that I have seen, but I would DEFINETLY prefer a mount that sits the gps behind the number plate- It just seems to be safer this way. Less risk of branches mud collision etc.
THANKS!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted December 04, 2006 - 07:44 PM

I have the Magellan explorist 300. Many in here will disagree but I use the stock handlebar mount with a strip of velcro to make sure it stays put.

I agree with you. I have a Magellan Explorist 210 with the Explorist handle bar mount. I cut my bar pad out for the mount and then cut a hole in the pad cover and fished it around the mount. I finished it up by using a velcro wrap around the end of it to hold it snug.

Here is a picture (hard to see, but it almost looks like part of the pad.) I'll try to find a better picture later.

Posted Image

• Punisher660

Posted December 05, 2006 - 09:17 AM

Go to wr450.com and check out Dave's setup. I did the same thing on mine and it works great. It sits flush on the pad (this requires a Dremel tool mod), and is easy to swap out. I move mine from my bike to my truck in seconds.

• Poway1464

Posted December 09, 2006 - 09:10 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...2QQcmdZViewItem

This one works for me.

• Badkaw2

Posted December 09, 2006 - 09:16 PM

Here is a picture of my GPS in a RAM mount. I don't think you could find a better mount for the money.

Posted Image

• daveybobcat

Posted December 11, 2006 - 10:03 AM

is there a way to mount that gps unit between the handle bars and the number plate? So as to tuck it in there and protect it a little?
thanks!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.