YZ cam and CDI question for WR 450 -04

No replies to this topic
  • Wheeliedevil

Posted March 28, 2006 - 05:03 AM

Yes, I know. I've searched and there are plenty of threads about camshafts but I really don't find the answers that I'm looking for so here comes another one... :bonk: :bonk:
I have a few questions about replacing my exhaust cam in my WR450F -04. This bike will run as a supermoto at least 90% of it's time, not as a pure racebike but still I have to win over my friends :cry: :thumbsup: but I also want reliability. I already have ported the cylinderhead, Kibblewhite stainless valves (std size) with matching springs, K&N filter, opened the airbox, a dynojetkit and an akrapovic slip-on. I've got unlimited access to a Dynojetbench and I would be glad to share my results after I'm done. I havn't run it before all these mods becourse of a broken foot. :bonk:
Please reply to as many questions as you can.

1. Is it worth it replacing the camshaft?

2. How much will I gain at top/lose at bottom?

3. Does anybody have a dynograph to share with me?

4. How much is the difference vs. Hotcams, just exhaust, and/or both?

5. Should I go for a -04 YZ cam or are they even better from a later model?

6. Does the YZ CDI do any difference? I've read somewhere that you guys in the states has a grey wire that you can cut to get YZ timing but when I asked on a forum here in sweden they told me that we don't have that wire.

7. So I guess that we have YZ ignitiontiming from the start?

8. I can't fit a YZ CDI to my wire harness anyway?

9. Are these the only two things that separates the WR from the YZ (engine)

Thanks ALOT IN ADVANCE!!!!! :thumbsup:

//Wheelie-:bonk: of SWEDEN :bonk: :confused:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.