Major stutter after rejet. Help.

46 replies to this topic
  • JCORMI

Posted April 03, 2006 - 03:50 AM

I finally got it!!!! Matty you were right, I was way to rich. When I put in the red needle on clip five things got alot better, there was still some hesitation so I put it on #4. Same thing as on five so I ended up going to #3 and it runs like a champ. Starts and idles nice and pulls hard all the way to the top end.
Anyone have any ideas on why it is so far off from what works for everyone else, even the instructions that come with the JD kit don't indicate that it would be red needle on #3 riding at sea level in 60 degree weather.Oh well, all I know is that I am happy to have a bike that hauls like this one does now.
Thank you guys for all the help, it is truly appreciated. :thumbsup:

• MotoGoalie

Posted April 03, 2006 - 06:25 AM

Hey good for you. Nice job on figuring it out. Sorry about leading you astray on the PJ.

one question.

Are these JD needles really necessary as I'm using my stock one and its just fine. Of course I have a different ride, of sorts.

• JCORMI

Posted April 03, 2006 - 06:40 AM

I don't know if the needles are worth it or not when it comes to performance gains because I had very little saddle time with the stock settings. For me the reason I bought it was because the needle in the 06 is not adjustable. If my bike had come with an adjustable needle like the 2004 wr I would not have bought the JD kit. That is just my .02
Don't worry about the PJ thing, now that I have it right I can look back on it and laugh. Plus having to get into the carb like 7 times has been a great learning experience. I am no longer intimidated by it at all thats for sure!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Numskull

Posted April 03, 2006 - 07:29 AM

Congrats on getting her dialed in :thumbsup:

I'm gonna tinker with mine today. My 426 starts greats, and pulls hard at 1/4-full throttle, but cuts out really bad from 1/8-1/4. So I'm hoping its just the pilot circuit and will try adjusting the pilot screw if I can find it :thumbsup:

• JCORMI

Posted April 03, 2006 - 08:08 AM

Good luck with it, these guys in this forum are definitely the people to ask if you end up having questions as you go.

• odonnks

Posted April 03, 2006 - 08:59 AM

Glad you gor er running your way.
Each time I ride mine I'm amazed !

• Matty05

Posted April 03, 2006 - 05:40 PM

Anyone have any ideas on why it is so far off from what works for everyone else, even the instructions that come with the JD kit don't indicate that it would be red needle on #3 riding at sea level in 60 degree weather.

I would say it is because you have the stock muffler and you haven't touched it!
All restricted up means you can't flow as much through the engine. Less air means less fuel as you know already!

Everyones bike is different, Indy's settings are really for a modded or aftermarket pipe, they are very close too!!!!! :bonk: :confused:
Post your settings in the jetting sticky, so that others with the completely stock pipe can use them! :thumbsup:

Now you know what to do when you have a problem when the weather changes! :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.