Can anyone rebuild a 250F engine in the Tacoma, WA area?

4 replies to this topic
  • r1elkins

Posted March 27, 2006 - 09:27 PM

Here's the scoop. My dad blew up my sister's 2004 250F engine. She is coming back from Afghanistan this week and he drove her truck and 250F up to Tacoma Washington to surprise her. Well he tried to start the bike and I guess he had the throttle open, so when it started it went straight to redline and BOOM. He thinks he broke the connecting rod. So I am looking for anyone who can recommend an experienced dealership or even an experienced private party that can rebuild the engine. If its a private party you are recommending, please recommend someone who has experience rebuilding 250F engines. I would do this myself, but I am in Colorado. So if you know someone, or you yourself can do this please let me know. He will pay you whatever is a fair price to fix the bike. And NO, it DOES NOT have to be rebuilt by the end of the week. He just wants a competent person to rebuild the bike...and if that means taking a month, so be it. FYI, the bike has a MaxPower Engines 280cc big bore kit. He would like to keep the bike as a 280, but if the cylinder is ruined, then rebuilding it to stock specs is OK. Please pm me or call me at 720-341-9137 if you can help. Thanks a lot, Jason.

• SJMC_DON

Posted March 27, 2006 - 10:30 PM

Repost this on the Northwest Forum, you'll get an answer. I live a ways north of Tacoma and don't really know of any shops in the area. Is she at Fort Lewis? There are some smaller shops along HWY 7 that could do it but I'd look for someone with a reputation.

Good Luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jake28

Posted March 27, 2006 - 10:34 PM

Consider simply sending the engine of to MaxPower and have them redo the engine, big bore and all.

• r1elkins

Posted March 28, 2006 - 05:56 AM

Repost this on the Northwest Forum, you'll get an answer.

Will do! Thanks.

Consider simply sending the engine of to MaxPower and have them redo the engine, big bore and all.

Not really an option...my dad has little to no tools with him. But maybe he can have a local shop do it. I'll look into it. Thanks.

• dbailey223

Posted March 28, 2006 - 07:48 AM

I used to live real close to Tacoma. I don't know of any place other than Yamaha dealerships, of which there are several.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.