Blue plastic turning white

5 replies to this topic
  • rucka356

Posted March 27, 2006 - 09:26 PM

I have heard/read where you can put a lighter to the plastic to heat it up and the plastic will turn back blue, but i tried that and it didn't seem to work. I may not have held it on there long enough, but i was afraid i was going to melt my fender. Any suggestions?

• cowboyona426

Posted March 27, 2006 - 09:51 PM

Use a propane torch or a heat gun and GENTLY heat the plastic, it's not an instant thing. When I did it on my 426 I rotated between 2-3 different areas and took my time. Works really well though!

• Idaho_Stas

Posted March 27, 2006 - 11:24 PM

Any suggestions?

Sure... don't wreck and your plastics won't get white. :thumbsup:

You're welcome ;-)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz_anders

Posted March 28, 2006 - 04:19 AM

I´ve heard that u can poor (spelling?!) warm water on the plastic and it will turn into blue again..

I havn´t tried it.. :thumbsup:

• FlynRyn

Posted March 28, 2006 - 07:08 AM

You can use a hair dryer, but go slow and be careful. One thing that happens when you get ride of the blue is the plastic becomes hard and brittle.

• Ga426owner

Posted March 28, 2006 - 08:13 AM

A heat gun will help resolve this but be patient and do not apply direct heat to one place very long.....spred the heat out...Do not touch it...it will leave mark.

FYI polisport makes more resistant blue plastic....but it will white up depending how hard you crash :thumbsup:
One reason I luv my yellow 06..... :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.