Best chemical to use on plastic?

10 replies to this topic
  • ttaylor

Posted March 27, 2006 - 05:38 PM

anyone know what chemicals work best for shinning up plastic? I heard mop-n-glow works well, anything else? thx

• 426motard

Posted March 27, 2006 - 05:39 PM

i've been using pledge.........

• Gerry B

Posted March 27, 2006 - 05:43 PM

The Motul Shine and Go is awesome stuff, it really makes the plastics look new.

• JAVA JOE

Posted March 27, 2006 - 05:49 PM

By far the best product. Makes your seat/bars plastics/hoses/rims/etc. look like new instantly. Amazing stuff. My bro calls it NEW BIKE IN A CAN
You can buy it in about any motorbike shop
Just spray it on and let it dry. Everything looks showroom new
www.maximausa.com/products/cleaners/sc1.asp

• 2fastwhitey

Posted March 27, 2006 - 09:13 PM

Try spraying simple green(takes about 3/4 spray bottle) on before you wash your bike with soap and water. It makes your plastics, metal, rims, and tires come out looking new. If you want some more shine try using pledge, or armor all.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • meyer fire

Posted March 27, 2006 - 10:12 PM

I know this sounds crazy but try honda cleaner and polish. This stuff works great, I swear by it, the best part about this product you spray it anywhere you want to wipe it down and even if you miss spots of wiping it never turns white like some of the other products, bike looks brand new!!! Makes all the black come back to life and washes off easy too. Worth going to the Honda store for trust me.

• RedRider250X

Posted March 27, 2006 - 10:25 PM

I use this stuff, it is very great on the seat

http://www.303produc...FTOKEN=79522603

• ray51

Posted March 28, 2006 - 03:11 AM

I also use the Maxima SC-1 stuff for a couple years now. I make the plastics look like new. Another plus is by spraying it under the plastics it leaves a silicon film for dirt or mud build up!!!!! :thumbsup:

• mtrdrms

Posted March 28, 2006 - 04:09 AM

Armor-All Ultra shine - Red bottle. The mud just runs off it.

• DrThumper

Posted March 29, 2006 - 08:55 AM

Clean off boot marks and sticker residue with Goof-Off or Methanol, then get that new blue look back with Armor-All....but don't Armor-All the tank or seat or you'll find yourself looking down your own tailpipe when you roost it!

• Wyatt

Posted March 29, 2006 - 11:19 AM

Maxima SC-1

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.