Swingarm Problem Still Exists

1 reply to this topic
  • WGP

Posted March 27, 2006 - 02:58 PM

05 Wr450- Replaced the chain slider on the swingarm along with new chain and sprokets. I found major grooving under the slider where sand, dirt and rock had got in there and stuck, chewing away at the swingarm.

This problem has been around since day1 on Wr's and is still not corrected. I think the fix is a bead of sealant on the slider edge to keep sand out? Mine was just worn into the swingarm but I have heard of it actually causing the weld to crack :thumbsup:

Just a heads up :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crooks420

Posted March 27, 2006 - 05:56 PM

Yes... I found very slight wear when I re-greased the swing arm on my 05 WR450. I pretty much smeared the entire chain guard with silicone before putting it back on.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.