HD clutch springs

3 replies to this topic
  • SaltyWalrus

Posted March 27, 2006 - 12:01 PM

My 650R clutch slips under heavy load on tar. Put in an extra metal plate, but now I've used up all of my adjustment and it drags slightly. Are the Heavy duty springs the way to go? Should I go with XRs Only springs?? I just hate to pay $12 shipping for an $18 part.

• Thumpmeister

Posted March 27, 2006 - 12:46 PM

For that price, it couldn't hurt.

Or, if you didn't want to go w/ the springs, maybe go w/ different plates? Kevlar ones or something?

I was reading about the clutch bushing, but I don't think that would really apply to your case, but it wouldn't hurt to check it out if you get things apart.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TimBrp

Posted March 27, 2006 - 01:07 PM

I'll re-itterate what I keep saying about the 650R clutch. This has worked exceptionally well for me and I ride nasty rooted muddy ass trails on the bike(1st to 2nd mostly). Hinson basket, XR'sonly HD springs(better/easier pull than most aftermarket HD springs) Barnett clutch plates(it's not grabby with the hinson basket at all)

However, if springs are all you're after than Yes, HD springs are a must. You're talking 4 measily springs for a 650cc thumper. Not nearly enough. HD springs can only help. I didn't realize any harder pull at the lever either. I'd also reccomend 20W50 for spring/summer/fall applications also.

• malevolent73

Posted March 27, 2006 - 11:40 PM

XR's HD springs are great I have never had any slippage... but then again, I'm a skinny F@#%! I weigh 165... so I never had a problem!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.