03 Wr450 Ti powercore VS. Powercore 4

7 replies to this topic
  • temptation2003

Posted March 27, 2006 - 11:43 AM

I have a 2003 Wr450 with all free mods done and was looking into buying an aftermarket exhaust. I've been reading posts on the forum and am having a hard time choosing between the FMF TI powercore and the Powercore4 with Qinsert... I mostly ride Long straight fireroads with some ocasional woods. Which exhaust produces more power and do you guys think would work better? Any help would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup: .!!

• clark4131

Posted March 27, 2006 - 12:58 PM

The TiPo is supposed to produce more power, according to FMF. Give 'em a call...SC

• trailordune

Posted March 27, 2006 - 03:24 PM

don't know about power difference between the two but the ti powercore is incredible. loud without quiet core but very nice with it in. $269 shipped from rocky mountain and the blue one looks very nice. don't forget the quiet core, it's $8.99 - sweet!

• DWS450

Posted March 27, 2006 - 04:15 PM

I have the Ti Powercore on my '06 WR450 & love it! Not sure what the decibel rating is, but it's quieter than I expected. Hey... "trailordune" how does the quiet insert for Ti bolt in? Does it go inside the spark arrester?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • temptation2003

Posted March 27, 2006 - 05:11 PM

Hmm Seems like The TI is the favorite so far. I appreciate the feedback. how does it compare to the stock exhaust uncorked? :thumbsup:

• trailordune

Posted March 27, 2006 - 07:40 PM

quiet core replaces the original spark arrestor. it's like a rev tube w/ a sparky combo. bolts right in w/ the screw. i did not notice ANY less power w/ it in and i rode it both ways. much quieter! as for comparing to stock pipe w/out baffle there is no comparison, this bike rips now. dont know about 05 or 06 stock pipe, mine's an 04. $8.99 for the quiet core - cant beat that!

• DWS450

Posted March 28, 2006 - 01:50 PM

Thanks!

• temptation2003

Posted March 28, 2006 - 02:48 PM

Well I went ahead and ordered the Ti powercore (with Q insert) from Rocky Mountain and it will be here in 2 days :thumbsup: !!I also ordered the JD Jetting kit :thumbsup: so Hopefully that will help also. I'll try and get it put on by the end of the weekend and test it out.(putting on new front/rear tires 15/48 sprockets and new chain also) Getting it ready for summer :confused: :bonk: Thanks for the info I'll write again once I've tried it out..

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.