Picture: passenger peg wheelie

10 replies to this topic
  • simon@vic

Posted March 26, 2006 - 08:35 PM

Put my new pegs to some good use. they are off an electric start xr250l.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is a nice jump out there in nature.
Posted Image

• Matty05

Posted March 26, 2006 - 11:23 PM

That must feel weird being up so high on the bike, seems like fun!
I don't know how much the subframe can take though..........

• nitronaf

Posted March 27, 2006 - 12:29 AM

Can i please know what model xr250l and possibly a part number if its not too much trouble?

• thumperwrestler

Posted March 27, 2006 - 05:30 AM

:thumbsup: I used to have BMX pegs on my TTR125. I used metal wire to mount them right on the swingarm, an inch away from the axle. Huge wheelies in 5th!!! I couldn't coverthe brake, but I never needed to.
One of the most fun things I've ever done on 2 wheels!!!

• simon@vic

Posted March 27, 2006 - 08:00 AM

I don't know how much the subframe can take though..........

it can take it. i sleeved both sides with a nice chink of aluminum and tig welded them in. 13mm x 20mm {8mm hole}. it is strong.

Huge wheelies in 5th!!! I couldn't coverthe brake, but I never needed to.
One of the most fun things I've ever done on 2 wheels!!!

that is one wheel :thumbsup: .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted March 27, 2006 - 08:23 AM

Can i please know what model xr250l and possibly a part number if its not too much trouble?

they are from a "new" xr250l electric start.............. from japan or Australia.

and no i don't have a part #. i got them used in Cambodia for $10us.

Posted Image

http://www.hondamoto...ail/xr250l .htm

• nitronaf

Posted March 27, 2006 - 04:58 PM

they are from a "new" xr250l electric start.............. from japan or Australia.

and no i don't have a part #. i got them used in Cambodia for $10us.

Posted Image

http://www.hondamoto...ail/xr250l .htm

thanx mate
by looking at your pictures it seems they are simply just drill and bolt on?

• simon@vic

Posted March 27, 2006 - 09:11 PM

i sleeved both sides with a nice chink of aluminum and tig welded them in. 13mm x 20mm {8mm hole}.

scroll up :thumbsup:

• Matty05

Posted March 27, 2006 - 11:01 PM

The cops ride those xr250l's here where I live!!!! They are slower than a wet week.
Too funny them trying to catch us! I filled one in this one time, they wear open face helmets too. He was in some pain!!!! Ha ha ha ha!

• spick

Posted May 03, 2006 - 05:08 AM

Just wondering if a steel sleeve bolted in with the top and bottom bolts seen in the pic would provide the necessary strength to mount the same pegs.

I am looking at picking up a WR450 but the gf is pissed that it doesn't have pegs like the DRZ I was eyeing previously. I'm not that intimate with the subframe yet but would like to know if this setup could work too?

• CRF_250_X

Posted May 25, 2006 - 05:52 PM

I would like to know the same thing but for my crf

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.