Led turnsignals on XR650L

5 replies to this topic
  • dbracht

Posted March 26, 2006 - 08:11 PM

Check out these pics of my LED turnsignal set up. It turned out real clean. It was hard to get them to blink but I finally worked it out with a new flasher. The taillight is a XR unit I bought at the local parts shop.

Posted Image Posted Image

• XR_mad

Posted March 28, 2006 - 05:01 AM

damn thats a nice mod, i want to do something like that with mine, im sick of the blinkers lol, the right hand rear cops it from the exhust as well

• Ude123

Posted March 28, 2006 - 09:01 PM

How did you get the blinkers to blink? I'm having trouble with some I'm trying to use on the front and they won't blink. They stay on and don't blink. I have an 04 XR650L.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dbracht

Posted March 29, 2006 - 02:48 AM

I purchased a electronic flasher on e-bay and per a suggestion from a group member I removed the flash indicator bulb from the dash display. They now work fine. Not sure why the removal of the bulb fixed it but it did. One of these days I will try to figure out how to get the indicator to work again.

• XR_mad

Posted March 29, 2006 - 04:00 AM

maybe wiring a bulb in series with the leds?

• rkuckkahn

Posted March 29, 2006 - 08:57 AM

Very nice mod......I'd love to duplicate but it's not legal in my state. Blinkers here have to be a certain distance apart.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.