Do you need to rejet with PMB insert - 05 WR450?

1 reply to this topic
  • Summit

Posted March 26, 2006 - 07:45 PM

I was considering giving the PMB insert a try and was wondering if re-jetting is necessary. Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DrtRdrJ

Posted March 26, 2006 - 08:32 PM

I have a PMB on my '05 WR450, and it works fine with the stck 165 main jet.... just make sure you get a bigger pilot jet (48), along with a JD (or any adjustable needle for that matter) and you'll be good to go. I should mention, however, that although the PMB offered a slight power increase, I soon found my self wanting more. I just bought a stock YZ pipe with PMB insert, and I noticed a marked increase in power output... a bit louder though. Eventually, I'll prolly just go with an FMF PowerCore 4 w/ powerbomb header... when I can find the $$$

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.