Ti PC midpipe very close to shock canister

3 replies to this topic
  • RDey

Posted March 26, 2006 - 05:54 PM

I just installed a Ti Powercore on my 06 WR450 and there is only about .080- .100 of clearance between the midpipe and the bottom of the shock canister. Should I be worried about the heat displacing itself to the nitrogen charged canister?
The stock pipe has a different bend to allow more clearance. It appears to me there is only one way to mount and make all the holes line up but it leaves a minimal amount of clearance between the two. Was anyone else concerned about this?

• trailordune

Posted March 26, 2006 - 06:40 PM

I had the same issues on my 04. mid pipe mounted up against the valve cap. I ground down a different aluminum cap so there wouldn't be any pressure there. I had same thoughts about the heat, dont know the answer but I do love the pipe, especially after the quiet core showed up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RDey

Posted March 26, 2006 - 09:35 PM

Thanks for the reply. I think I may contact FMF to see if it's within their tolerances on this specific bike. I contacted a local Yamaha dealer about my concerns and they said, assuming I installed the pipe correctly, there shouldn't be a problem. That just made me wonder if I mounted it wrong. Oh well...It's nice to know at least one other person had a similar issue. I'm assuming yours is the Titatium Powercore as well? The weight difference from the stock pipe was worth the price of admission.

• Matty05

Posted March 26, 2006 - 10:34 PM

My procircuit midpipe is a bit close to the shock canister as well.
It doesn't seem to effect the shock though.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.