Help changing springs?

2 replies to this topic
  • hoz88

Posted March 26, 2006 - 11:23 AM

OK, this might sound like a dumb question, but I didn't get a service manual with my '04 450. What is the easiest (only?) way to change out the rear shock spring? The bike came with a light spring and I bought one better for my weight - problem is, I have never switched springs out and I need some guidance. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Keith

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted March 26, 2006 - 02:04 PM

Grab yourself an '03 manual at ThumperFAQ

'03/'04 is very, very nearly identical in almost every respect.

Remove the rear shock, unscrew the preload rings, pull the keeper and switch springs. It would be hard for it to be simpler. Note the the end diameters at the top and bottom are two different dimensions.

• getdrunk

Posted March 26, 2006 - 04:44 PM

its easy. put your pre load rings up as far as they can so theirs less tentioon on the spring. then take a screw driver (flat ones) and pry the 2 bottom peaces out of the shock. then it comes right off. i did it to my quads rear shock. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.