How to remove old graphics & install new?

7 replies to this topic
  • cdeseru

Posted March 26, 2006 - 10:28 AM

Please help what is the best way to remove stock graphics and seat cover and install FMF graphics and seat cover on my BRP? Please start from the beginning I'm new at this.. Thank You :thumbsup:

• indy16

Posted March 26, 2006 - 10:42 AM

Take a heat gun or hair dryer and heat the old graphics and peel back. then use goo gone or some other solvent (I think some may recommend brake cleaner)

When putting the new ones on make sure the plastic is clean, clean, clean. use the heat gun/ hd and heat up the plastic and graphics. Use the heat to stretch the graphics around the contours of the plastic. Some people spray windex or soap and water on the plastic and leave it wet to help the graphics slide into position.

Take your time don't panic and if they doen't go where you want peel it back and try it again. Most graphics that are good quality are forgiving enough to allow you to peel 'em off a few times until you get it right.

Oh and only peel off a portion of the backing until you get them in place.

• avlnch

Posted March 26, 2006 - 10:45 AM

Use paint thinner to get the sticky stuff off after you peel off the graphic. That stuff works the best. Just put alot onto a rag and rub it on hard and it will come right off.

• Valerie Wilson

Posted March 26, 2006 - 11:03 AM

Use windex on the sticky side of the graphics. Don't worry it will still stick when all said and done. The windex will allow the graphics to slide into place and you'll be able to peel them back easier if you misalign. Use the hair dryer to warm the graphics so they will mold to the plastics easier. Some use a sqeegy or a credit card or scraper to rub on he graphics and get out all the air bubbles and the windex. I personally just use a soft rag and push hard. That way there is no risk of scratching those brand new graphics.
Let dry overnight and waaalaaa a pretty bike!!!
Also if you mess up and have to peel back the graphics.... be careful not to stretch them to much as you do it.

• cdeseru

Posted March 26, 2006 - 02:22 PM

that sounds great now how about changing the seat cover? Tanks again :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• rickf

Posted March 26, 2006 - 03:57 PM

http://motocross.com...ffiles/seat.pdf
Here is a web site with a pretty good seat cover install. Hope it helps.

• cdeseru

Posted March 26, 2006 - 05:59 PM

Thank You All I need to know I hope :thumbsup:

• crf450-66

Posted March 26, 2006 - 08:28 PM

Do the seat cover 1st then align the graphics to it. They usually flow together and it makes it nice to line them up. A professional upholstery shop has the skill and tools to do it right and make it look professional.
I use the windex to help align the graphics as well. Clean all of the plastic with alcohol as well if there is any contaminates you will get bubbles.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wheel differences between the 230L and 230F? by phillidius

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz 2000 and 2003 cylinders by dawson1120

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 6 replies
Forums
Photo

Lets See Your XT & TT Pics. by rob69

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Vintage
  • Hot  127 replies
Forums
Photo

Just got my first WR450 - 2005 by graytshirt

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Problem with 14 450s by boegey

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.